Other Ways to Help
Your donation to the Friends of the Folsom Zoo, Inc. will work wonders. The animals and Zoo Crew will appreciate your generosity. But money isn’t everything. Individuals, firms and organizations often donate needed services, building materials, things for special events – and more.
Before your next garage sale or just because you care! Review the list below and if you come across any of these items in useable condition please drop it by the front gate… Your Friends will appreciate it!!
- Detergents and soaps - "Method" Brands
- Trash Bags
- Latex Gloves
- Scrub brushes, sponges
- Small Dixie cups and paper cups
- Paper plates and bowls
- Powerful flashlights (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Heating pads (any size)
- All natural fiber and Astroturf door mats (new only)
- 100% jams and jellies
- 100% all natural peanut butter (no sugar, salt, or preservatives)
- Fresh and dried herbs and spices
- Organic fresh fruits and vegetables
- Femur and knuckle bones
- Whole turkeys, chickens, or game hens (free range)
- Whole and shelled nuts - walnuts/almonds (fresh and unsalted)
- Popcorn (plain, no salt or butter)
- Mini boxes of raisins
Toys for these types of animals
- Parrot – (also perches & ceramic bowls)
- Cat (also litter, litter boxes, brushes, small scratchers and cat trees)
- Dog (Only hard toys ie kongs also natural bones and treat dispensers)
- Rabbit (also water bottles and food holders)
- Horse (also grooming supplies)
- Ferret (Also ferret-tone, hammocks and beds)
- Aluminum carabineers
- Fire hose (cotton only)
- Shorn wool
- Hemp, cotton, natural ropes
- PVC pipe and caps etc.(all sizes) and glue for PVC
- Stainless steel bowls and chain (all sizes)
- Small fruit trees
- Raleys, Petco, PetSmart, Lowes,
- Home Depot , Elliott's gift cards.
- Natural foods Gift Certificates.
- Donated Hotel points or Air Miles.
How about having fun making behavioral enrichment treats for the animals? Click on the items below for some easy how-to instructions.